Serco is one of the world’s leading service companies. For nearly 50 years it has worked in partnership with clients and staff to improve service delivery and manage change smoothly and positively.
Serco works for a wide range of local and national government clients across the world to enhance the quality and efficiency of essential services. These cover many areas of public life, from justice to healthcare, education to defence. Public sector organisations represent nearly 90% of Serco’s customer base. The other 10% are industry-leading private sector organisations operating in a wide variety of markets.
The Serco team combines a deep public service ethos with commercial know-how and broad expertise. Serco has experience across programme management and end-to-end service delivery, operational outsourcing and the creation of entirely new businesses.
Serco has a strong presence in Scotland and an extensive network of partner organisations. Working in partnership with Glasgow City Council, the company brings real value for Glasgow’s citizens and helps to make the joint venture a sustainable success.
Key facts about Serco:
• Employs more than100,000 staff delivering essential services in over 30 countries worldwide
• Operates traffic management systems covering more than 17,500kms of roads worldwide
• Provides a secure computer and software support service to all 66 UK law enforcement agencies
• Manages 192,000 square miles of airspace in five countries
• Manages education authorities on behalf of local governments
• transports more than 275,000 passengers daily on driverless trains on London's Docklands Light Railway
• Employs 5000 scientists
To find out more about Serco visit: www.serco.com