The ACCESS team is committed to maximising the value of every area of external expenditure and will actively explore options for leveraging additional value from other sources including the Serco family, existing public sector Agreements & Frameworks (OGC, Procurement Scotland or Scotland Excel depending requirement) as well as existing contracts.
Best Value Objective
Our over-riding objective is to obtain the best value from the multitude of goods and services we source for our clients. ensuring that as well as price we consider all relevant aspects including quality, reliability, logistics, operating costs, maintenance requirements and supply security – in short the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
To achieve this overall ‘Best Value Objective’ ACCESS works collaboratively across our organisation to:
• ensure goods and services are of appropriate quality and suitable for their intended use
• focus on minimising the ‘whole life cost’ (not simply purchased price), taking into account the factors that contribute to the ‘Total Cost of Ownership’
• put in place and maintain commercial arrangements to ensure security of supply and guarantee delivery of goods and services when and where they are required
• manage the end-to-end supply chain effectively and efficiently on an ongoing basis
• develop closer working relationships with our suppliers to:
• ensure goods and services are ‘fit for purpose’
• meet and improve contracted service levels
• continually reduce our cost of doing business
• minimise our impact on the environment
• encourage innovative product development and process improvement from our suppliers
• ensure that commercial risk sits with the party best able to manage that risk.